The word chakra itself is Sanskrit for wheel or disk. Ancient cultures believe that there are 7 major energy centres in the body that are represented by these seven energy discs or chakras. Each chakra represents a physical, emotional and spiritual energy field often described as a spinning vortex. These energy centres connect you to the energies of the heavens and the energies of the earth. The ideal is to have all your chakra centres aligned and balanced so that your energy flows smoothly from the heavens to the earth and from the earth to the heavens.When these energies are flowing you can access your optimum physical, emotional, and spiritual well being. However if your chakras are not aligned or are out of balance you may experience this through physical, emotional, or spiritual symptoms.
Our chakras can become unbalanced, unaligned, and even closed for a number of reasons, mostly the result of daily stress, environmental pollutants, and any emotional or physical trauma. When left unbalanced, we begin to see physiological ailments in our subtle bodies (i.e.aches/pains, lethargy, depression/anxiety, insomnia). Chakra stones and chakra healing crystals are a great way to realign and balance our energy systems while ridding any residual disharmonies we may have collected along our paths. Optimally healing mind, body, and spirit.
These are the colours and themes associated with the 7 chakras:-
- Crown Chakra - White/Violet - promotes enlightenment and clarity
- Third Eye Chakra - Purple/Indigo - promotes intuition and wisdom
- Throat Chakra - Blue - promotes expression and communication
- Heart Chakra - Green/Pink - promotes love, kindness and forgiveness
- Solar Plexus Chakra - Yellow - promotes personal power and self-esteem
- Sacral Chakra - Orange - promotes creativity and enthusiasm
- Root/Base Chakra - Red/Black - promotes feeling secure and grounded
How to identify which chakra is blocked or imbalanced:-
- If you are stressed, anxious or depressed focus on the 'Crown Chakra' for calming and connection. Crystals: clear quartz, howlite blue lace agate, amethyst
- If you feel indecisive or lack trust focus on the 'Third Eye Chakra' for better intuition and self trust. Crystals: amethyst, lepidolite, lapis lazuli, labradorite.
- If you need to let go of pain and be more expressive focus on the 'Throat Chakra' for more honest communication. Crystals: amazonite, turquoise, lapis, blue fluorite, chrysoprase.
- If you often have relationship challenges focus on the 'Heart Chakra' for love and compassion. Crystals: new jade, chrysoprase, ocean jasper, rhodonite, rose quartz, pink talcum.
- If you are experiencing fear, money or work issues focus on the 'Solar Plexus Chakra' for confidence and abundance. Crystals :citrine,tigers eye,smoky quartz, red aventurine.
- If you are facing new challenges or fertility issues focus on the 'Sacral Chakra' for creativity and acceptance. Crystals: carnelian, red jasper, red aventurine, moonstone, tiger eye.
- If you are feeling vulnerable, ungrounded or experiencing grief focus on the 'Root/Base Chakra' for grounding and stability. Crystals: red jasper, tiger eye, snow flake obsidian, hematite, smoky quartz.